Saturday, January 10, 2015
My Hair Care Routine
I have been growing my hair out for several years now. I have also refrained from dying it for over eight years. I'm not very good at heading to the salon, so I usually get two or three hair cuts a year on average. I don't like a hair cut that requires a lot of maintenance. Most of my cuts are layered to enhance waves and volume. Recently I headed to Frederic Fekkai in Dallas, and I love the way the layers and pieces grew out. I'll definitely be going back to Tony!
Right now I am using the PRX Reparatives Shampoo from Fekkai and Suave Professionals Conditioner with Almond and Shea Butter because my conditioner always runs out faster than my shampoo, and I have a lot of conditioner. I don't wash my hair every day. I usually wash it about four or five times a week. I have also been using samples from my Sample Society and Ipsy subscriptions. I'll write about these products in the future.
Typically after I wash my hair, I will comb through it and blow dry it until it's mostly dry. It has natural wave, but some of the time I will take different sections and twirl them into ringlets around my head, spray them with hairspray, and let them air dry. If I have a piece or two of hair that dries weird, I will use my straightener to add some wave to it. Sometimes I also brush my hair, but I don't always remember or I like the texture of it not brushed (My hair is brushed in the picture above). I also have a sensitive head, so I don't always like to brush.
Let me know if you go the more natural route with your hair, or what is your routine. I would love to know. Leave a comment below!
-xoxo-
Stephanie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment