On Christmas morning, the boyfriend woke me early just like a little kid on Christmas. He turned on Christmas music nice and loud on Youtube. I baked blueberry muffins, and then we went to the boyfriend's mom's house to open presents. I really enjoyed the time we spent.
After all of the presents were open, we separated for a bit, and I made the Pioneer Woman's recipe for balsamic and cranberry brussel sprouts, along with a Marie Callander's Razzle Berry Pie. I also wrapped the last of our presents, and chose the outfit above. We were a little late, but we didn't miss the blessing this time.
I chose to wear the houndstooth skirt I found a consignment store, along with a black, long sleeve top, tights and a belt for Christmas. I thought it would look nice with my new double pearl choker from Purple Peridot. I also wore sandals, because I am limited on black shoes right now. The leopard scarf was a gift from the boyfriend's mom. My purse is a vintage Chanel purse my boyfriend found thrifting.
We all ate ham and then played the white elephant game. This year Carter and I participated in the presents, since that is usually done by one person as her gift to the family. We wanted to give back and put some Dollar Tree treasures in the game. I love playing together as a family, and this year Carter stole some spa booties back for me, and I stole a Starbuck's giftcard for him (even though he spent it on coffee runs for me).
I was really excited for Christmas this year, and really enjoyed myself. My new phone is amazing, and I received many other special blessings. I was so worked up for Christmas this year that when it was all over, I felt exhausted. The next day I felt lethargic and ill, which went on throughout the weekend. I'm feeling slightly better, but I hope this will be the last time I have to plan around a semester of classes, if all goes as planned. I hope you all had a blessed time on Christmas.
-xoxo-
Stephanie


No comments:
Post a Comment